The Sunshine Shack
the sunshine shack has a mission to extend love, compassion, and resources to individuals who experience hardships and/or emotional pain.
the sunshine team serves the community using A
MULTI- prong service approach
1. street team- volunteers serve homemade care kits (sunshine kits) to individuals living on the streets. all meals are handmade to include a variety of nutrient rich foods. hygienic items are also included in all kits.
2. ONE ON ONE mentoring- the sunshine crew is passionate about befriending our brothers and sisters living on the streets. being a consistent smile to someone on your path is the minimum commitment. most mentors visit their friends regularly and offer a meal, conversation, or general advice about overcoming hardships related to trauma, mental health, and addiction.
3. yoga - free yoga is offered to homeless individuals in partnership with pure action and yoga4homeless. if participating facilities, trauma support centers, TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FACILITIES, AND HOMELESS SHELTERS would like to offer yoga to residents this is also honored. currently lindsey offers a weekly yoga class serving homeless youth ages 14-25 in san diego, ca.
4. ON SITE EMPOWERMENT - LEADERSHIP FROM THE SUNSHINE SHACK VISIT trauma support centers, TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FACILITIES, AND HOMELESS SHELTERS TO EMPOWER, INSPIRE, AND ENCOURAGE RESIDENCE TO SHINE OVER CIRCUMSTANCE. EMPOWERMENT TOOLS AND RESOURCES ARE DISTRIBUTED TO HELP HEAL BEYOND ANY TRAUMA/HARDSHIPS THAT MAY HAVE OCCURRED. *Please contact lindsey if you would like to host an empowerment offering.
5. sunshine rhymes: free online support in the form of poetic rhyme is personally created and shared with those in despair looking for a sunny disposition.
- love and gratitude -